KUALA TERENGGANU, Dec 31 ― The number of flood victims in Terengganu recorded an increase of 1,261, bringing the total number of people who have moved to evacuation centres to 3,292 compared to 2,031 at 6pm.
According to the Social Welfare Department website, as of 10pm, 10 new evacuation centres had been opened, bringing the total to 43 in six districts in the state.
Acting Director of Terengganu Social Welfare Department, Rusmi Mahmood said to date, 993 families had been affected by the floods which began to hit the state early today.
“Hulu Terengganu is the district which is most affected, with 1,936 victims from 666 families who have been moved to 21 temporary centres which have been provided.
“This is followed by the Marang district (395 victims from 99 families), Kemaman (380 victims from 84 families), Besut (282 victims from 69 families), Setiu (217 victims from 56 families) and Dungun (82 victims from 19 families),” he told Bernama. ― Bernama