Malaysia’s new Covid-19 cases dip further to just 38, no new deaths recorded

Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia recorded no new deaths from Covid-19 over the last 24 hours as of noon today, with only 38 new cases recorded over the same period. — Picture by Choo Choy May
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia recorded no new deaths from Covid-19 over the last 24 hours as of noon today, with only 38 new cases recorded over the same period. — Picture by Choo Choy May

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.


KUALA LUMPUR, April 26 — Malaysia recorded no new deaths from Covid-19 over the last 24 hours as of noon today, with only 38 new cases recorded over the same period, Health Director-General Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah revealed today.

This was the second lowest number of new cases this week, after the previous record of 36 new cases on Monday.

There were also 100 more recoveries today, bringing the cumulative number of those cured to 3,862 or 68.8 per cent from the total of 5,780 local infections.

“Due to this, the total number of active cases with Covid-19 infectivity is 1,820 cases. They have been isolated and are being treated,” he said during his daily Covid-19 briefing.

From the total active cases, Dr Noor Hisham said 36 patients are being treated in Intensive Care Units across the country, with 15 of them still requiring breathing assistance.

Dr Noor Hisham also included numbers of those tested within areas where enhanced MCO (EMCO) has been enforced, where a total of 21,466 individuals have undergone testing, with 638 or 2.97 per cent of the tests coming out positive.

“From the total of those who tested positive, some 388 cases, or 61 per cent, are not Malaysians with the remaining 250 cases or 39 per cent who are Malaysians.

As for the areas under EMCO, Dr Noor Hisham announced one additional case within Menara One City, five more cases in Malayan Mansion, nine more cases within the areas surrounding the Kuala Lumpur Wholesale Market.

“For the concentrated activities within madrasah or tahfiz schools, as of April 25, a total of 6,229 students, teachers and staffs have undergone Covid-19 testing.

“A total of 341 people tested positive, or 5.47 per cent,” he said.

Dr Noor Hisham, however, warned the number of positive cases may see a spike as targeted and concentrated testing within these areas are still ongoing.

Related Articles