SHAH ALAM, Feb 28 — Actor Datuk Farid Kamil said today that the two individuals who allegedly spiked his drink were not the ones named in the media.
He claimed instead that the duo he had complained about to the police were from the entertainment industry and had introduced themselves to him as so-called Kedah and Johor royalty.
“I have given my cooperation from A to Z (in police investigations) by giving them an actual photograph of the supposed culprits on that fateful night.
“In the end the actual procedure never happened, (which was) to have an identification parade. The procedure that should have taken place never materialised.
“This incident has made me feel as though this is a well thought-out plot for 2018, one that is out to get me,” Farid, who is also a director, said during a press conference today.
Also present during the conference were three lawyers representing the film director, led by Faizul Mohd Nasir.
“I made a report, (and) I gave the perpetrators’ photo, but the newspapers later published someone else, (but) using the same names (Taj dan Osh),” he said.
Farid said he had previously met the two culprits while filming the movie Remp-It, revealing the duo had appeared unannounced the night he was drugged last January 10.
He said the duo, who had claimed to be royalty, told him they had something important to talk about, something Farid himself was unsure about.
“To me, the both of them are very dangerous as they are fluent in using royal codes, to set up meetings with me. After that incident, I was not feeling like myself,” he said.
Farid revealed the photographs of the two alleged culprits during the press conference, after getting clearance from his lawyers.
Relating the incident during that fateful night, Farid claimed the drugs he consumed were sprayed into his drink.
“After about 30 to 45 minutes, I was lost. I was not aware of myself and surroundings,” he said.