LOS ANGELES, Oct 13 ― With a 160 per cent spike in bookings for the 2018-2019 ski season compared to the same period last year, Big Sky Montana leads Airbnb's list of top trending ski destinations across North America.
With the chilly turn in the air, it seems some holidaymakers are already looking forward to hitting the slopes.
The Airbnb list, which is based on bookings made on the short-term rental platform, features three Canadian ski resorts. Percentages indicate the jump in bookings from last season.
Here are the top trending ski destinations among Airbnb users for the upcoming winter season:
1. Big Sky, Montana, US (160 per cent)
2. Bozeman, Montana, US (156 per cent)
3. Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada (145 per cent)
4. Collingwood, Ontario, Canada (142 per cent)
5. Boise, Idaho, US (138 per cent)
6. Colorado Springs, Colorado, US (138 per cent)
7. Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada (123 per cent)
8. Mount Hood Village, Oregon, US (120 per cent)
9. Stowe, Vermont, US (115 per cent)
10. Girdwood, Alaska, US (83 per cent) ― AFP-Relaxnews