KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 7 — Another 9,890 Covid-19 cases were reported today, marking the fifth day in a row that Malaysia’s cases have been below the 10,000-mark.

However, today’s 9,890 marks a slight uptick of cases as compared to yesterday, which recorded 9,380 Covid-19 cases.

Today’s cases also bring the cumulative number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 2,317,727.

Sarawak continues to hold the top spot for the state with the highest number of cases, with 1,413 cases being recorded.

This is followed closely by Selangor (1,402), Kelantan (1,032), and Johor (993). Kuala Lumpur, meanwhile, registered 250 cases.

The Federal Territory of Labuan today recorded no new Covid-19 cases.

In a later statement, Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said that of the 9,890 new cases, 827 Covid-19 patients require treatment in intensive care units (ICU), while 445 of them require breathing assistance.

He said that of the cases caught today, only 162 or 1.6 per cent are in category 3, 4 and 5 —which require hospitalisation — while the remaining 9,728 or 98.4 per cent are in category 1 and 2.

Dr Noor Hisham said that 13 new clusters were also discovered in the past 24 hours, bringing the number of active clusters in the country to 911.