KUALA LUMPUR, March 4 — A member of Felcra Berhad’s board of directors has tested positive for Covid-19, the agency’s chief executive confirmed in a statement today.

Mohd Nazrul Izam Mansor said that company staff have also been ordered to work from home, and that all operations at Wisma Felcra in the city centre would cease immediately so that sanitising work can be carried out.

“As the company carries out the necessary measures, all staff at Felcra Berhad are requested to be patient and work together in abiding by prevention steps that are being taken.

“Also, please be informed that all activities and operations at the headquarters have been immediately stopped beginning today, March 4, 2020, until Friday, March 6, 2020, to enable overall cleaning and sanitising work.

“For this, all staff at the headquarters have been ordered to work from home, and for this purpose, all employees are advised not to travel outstation, for ease of communication,” Mohd Nazrul said.

He added that it was business as usual at the agency’s other offices.

Mohd Nazrul said that employees who came into contact with the infected board member have also been identified, and all of them are undergoing a Covid-19 screening at hospitals.

“Right now, they are under self-quarantine, until the hospital issues their screening results,” he added.

Moments later, during a press conference in Putrajaya, the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah confirmed that as of noon today, there are 14 new Covid-19 positive cases in Malaysia.

These 14 new cases are part of the second wave of infection that started on February 27, contracted from the 26th patient or Case 26, who is a senior executive in Khazanah Nasional Berhad.

According to Dr Noor Hisham, out of the 28 positive cases, the seven cases reported yesterday and the 14 cases today are related to Case 26.

He also said that the Health Ministry has managed to track down individuals who were in close contact with Case 26.

Dr Noor Hisham added that contact tracing information received by the Health Ministry found that Case 26 was involved in five different activities.

The person is also believed to have attended an appreciation event for an outgoing minister and his deputy on February 27.