No longer embarrassed, will expose culprits, says man alleging he was sodomised as a boy

The head of an NGO has claimed that he was sodomised when he was a resident at a boys’ home in Malacca. — Reuters file pic
The head of an NGO has claimed that he was sodomised when he was a resident at a boys’ home in Malacca. — Reuters file pic

KUALA LUMPUR, April 6 — The head of an NGO has claimed that he was sodomised when he was a resident at a boys’ home in Malacca, the Star Online reported today.

Welfare and Social Organisation (Perbak) president Muhammad Khairul Hafiz claimed he was also forced to dress as a nurse before being sexually assaulted by a staff member when he was a resident at the home between 1999 and 2004.

“I am no longer embarrassed to state that I was sodomised, and three others shared the same fate as me,” he reportedly said.

“These poor boys kept all this to themselves as their reports to the management of the home were shot down for lack of evidence, except for a couple of cases that got their attention,” he said.

Muhammad Khairul also claimed that one of the victims, whom he knows as Anbarasu, is now a transvestite involved in the flesh trade in Ipoh.

He added that his ordeal had motivated him to go all out to fight for the rights of former and current residents of the home.

According to him, it took five years for him to collect enough evidence in order to pursue the matter until “someone powerful” in Putrajaya listened to him.

“Some people even chided me for fabricating stories and attempting to smear the Welfare Department, But what man in a proper frame of mind would openly state that he was a sodomy victim?” he told Star Online.

He said he will hold a press conference tomorrow in Putrajaya to detail previous cases that have not been exposed.

“I will now hand it over to the authorities to pursue and identify those culprits who have managed to evade punishment for years,” he added.

Muhammad Khairul reportedly had a meeting with the Malacca Welfare Department on Tuesday when he was told that some of those implicated in abusing the orphans had been transferred out.

According to Star Online, in 2012, Muhammad Khairul had lodged a police report claiming that several employees of the home were allegedly responsible for sodomising and sexually abusing some 150 residents since 2004.

Related Articles