Minister: Eight highways entitled to hike toll rates next year

Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusof said to the toll rates for eight highways have been allowed to increase next year. — File pic
Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusof said to the toll rates for eight highways have been allowed to increase next year. — File pic

Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates.


KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 23 — Eight highways are entitled to increase toll rates next year, a minister said today after tolls in major highways in the Klang Valley were raised last month.

Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusof also said the government has already allocated RM593.32 million to compensate the highway concessionaires, in the event they are not allowed to hike their rates.

“I’m not deciding on whether there will be an increase or not. Those entitled to receive hikes for 2016 are eight highways,” Fadillah told Parliament here.

The highways with their respective entitled compensations are the North-South Expressway (RM214 million), Second Link Expressway (RM8.24 million), ELITE Highway (RM79.44 million), Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (RM3.11 million), Seremban-Port Dickson Highway (RM1.95 million), KESAS Highway (RM92.8 million), LDP (RM185.89 million) and the North Klang Straits Bypass Expressway (RM7.85 million).

Tolls at highways operated by 11 concessionaires were raised in October by between 20 sen and RM3.

These included Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway (KLK), Maju Expressway (MEX), Kajang Dispersal Link Expressway (SILK), Duta-Ulu Kelang Expressway (DUKE), SMART Tunnel, KL-Kuala Selangor Expressway (LATAR), Sungai Besi Expressway (Besraya), New Pantai Expressway (NPE), Kajang-Seremban Expressway (LEKAS), Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP), and Western KL Traffic Dispersal System (SPRINT).

Related Articles