Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.
SINGAPORE, April 20 — If it’s good enough for The Ramen Rater, it’s good enough for us.
Prima Taste’s Laksa Wholegrain LaMian has been ranked number one on the popular instant noodle review website’s top 10 instant noodles this year.
Also making the list are its Singapore Curry Wholegrain LaMian (fifth) and its new Juzz’s Mee Creamy Chicken (eighth). The latter was developed by Prima Singapore and made by Prima’s subsidiary in Sri Lanka.
All three products received a full tasting score of five stars from instant noodles enthusiast, Hans Lienesch (aka The Ramen Rater), who stated on his website that the list is a compilation of “the most memorable and most wonderful” of the 2,004 varieties he has sampled thus far.
On his website, Lienesch described the Laksa Wholegrain LaMian as “an old favourite of mine with a new change. The wholegrain noodle just improves this variety by leaps and bounds; giving it such a nice heartiness and rustic flavour and texture. The broth seems unchanged; a beautiful appearance; the oil like shimmering rubies in a cream coloured sea. The flavour is rich and spiciness very accessible to most folks.”
Prima Taste’s Laksa Wholegrain LaMian also contains 51 per cent wholegrain flour, the highest amount among all brands of instant noodles. “It is not difficult to make healthy food products; the real challenge is to develop and make healthier food products that still taste good,” said Lewis Cheng, executive director of Prima Limited, who added that the results is motivation “to continue to innovate and develop products that are not just delicious, but also healthier”.
Malaysia has four on the list, with MyKuali Penang Spicy Prawn Soup Noodle Authentic Taste, CarJEN Nyonya Curry Laksa Improved Taste, and MyKuali Penang Red Tom Yum Goong Noodle Authentic Taste ranking second, third and fourth, respectively. MyKuali Penang White Curry Noodle Authentic Taste came in at sixth.
Regarded as “a connoisseur of noodles”, Lienesch has been reviewing instant noodles from around the world since 2002 and the website has garnered more than 7.6 million hits to date.
The Ramen Rater’s Top 10 Instant Noodles of All Time 2016 Edition
1. Prima Taste Singapore Laksa Wholegrain La Mian (Singapore)
2. MyKuali Penang Spicy Prawn Soup Noodle Authentic Taste (Malaysia)
3. CarJEN Nyonya Curry Laksa Improved Taste (Malaysia)
4. MyKuali Penang Red Tom Yum Goong Noodle Authentic Taste (Malaysia)
5. Prima Taste Singapore Curry Wholegrain La Mian (Singapore)
6. MyKuali Penang White Curry Noodle Authentic Taste (Malaysia)
7. Wugudaochang Tomato Beef Brisket Flavor Purple Sweet Potato Noodles (China)
8. Juzz’s Mee Creamy Chicken Flavour (Sri Lanka/Singapore)
9. Zeng Noodles Scallion With Sichuan Pepper Flavour (Taiwan)
10. MAMA Instant Noodles Coconut Milk Flavour (Myanmar) — TODAY