Covid-19: Slight downtick as country detects 5,551 new infections

People are seen wearing protective masks as they walk along Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur November 28, 2021. — Picture by Hari Anggara
People are seen wearing protective masks as they walk along Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur November 28, 2021. — Picture by Hari Anggara

Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates.


KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 3 — Malaysia recorded 5,551 new Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours, slightly lower compared to yesterday’s 5,806 cases, according to Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah. 

This brought the cumulative number of Covid-19 cases nationwide to 2,649,578.

Dr Noor Hisham said that 5,301 patients recovered, while 23 new imported cases were recorded, involving 14 Malaysians and nine foreigners.

Of the 5,551 cases today, 78 cases or 1.4 per cent fall under Categories 3, 4 and 5 while the rest (98.6 per cent) are under Categories 1 and 2.

“Cases requiring treatment in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) are 499 cases (362 cases confirmed Covid-19 positive; 137 suspected cases, probabilities, and cases under investigation).

“Cases requiring respiratory assistance are 269 cases (157 confirmed Covid-19 positive cases; 112 suspected cases, probabilities, and cases under investigation),” Dr Noor Hisham said, adding that six new clusters were also reported today.

He said that Malaysia’s rate of infection currently stands at 0.96, with Perlis being the state with the highest infectivity rate, at 1.12, from 1.09 yesterday.

You May Also Like

Related Articles