SHAH ALAM, Aug 19 — Selangor police chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar today reportedly urged the public not to hold a gathering when a man linked to the death of a dog named Rocky appears in court tomorrow, saying the legal process is already under way.
According to The Star, Shazeli said police had completed their investigation, identified those responsible and received instructions for charges to be brought.
“There is no need to escalate this issue to the extent of organising any gathering or demonstration,” he was quoted as saying.
He reportedly said members of the public who wished to witness the proceedings could attend as the court’s public gallery would be open.
He added that the case showed police had neither ignored the matter nor taken sides.
Lawyer Muhammad Rafique Rashid Ali earlier said his client, Muhammad Shah Hizam, 24, had been served a summons by a Department of Veterinary Services officer to appear in court at 9am tomorrow, although the exact charge has yet to be disclosed.
The Malaysian Stray Animal Association previously alleged that a group of men beat and strangled Rocky in Taman Teluk Gedung Indah, Port Klang, on July 29, despite pleas from the dog’s owner for it to be released.
You May Also Like