SHAH ALAM, Aug 19 — Police have confirmed receiving a report regarding an incident involving a Form Three student who claimed to have been bullied to the extent of being at risk of hearing loss at a secondary school here last week.
Selangor police chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the 17-year-old suspect had been detained and released on police bail pending completion of investigations.
“The investigation is still ongoing, and statements have been recorded. The incident is believed to have stemmed from teasing between schoolmates.
“As for the extent of the injuries, I cannot comment as we have to wait for the official report from the medical officer,” he told a press conference on the achievements of the Selangor contingent’s Criminal Investigation Department (NCID) here today.
Shazeli said the case was being investigated under Sections 506 and 323 of the Penal Code.
Yesterday, the media reported that a Form Three male student had suffered injuries to his neck and nape and was at risk of hearing loss after allegedly being bullied and assaulted at a secondary school here last week.
More distressingly, the incident also left the 15-year-old victim severely traumatised, causing him to spend much of his time confined to his room, besides experiencing a loss of appetite and speaking less. — Bernama