KUALA LUMPUR, March 9 ― State-owned SRC International Sdn Bhd has no information on any money said to have been channeled into Datuk Seri Najib Razak's accounts, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) said.
The ministry also said it did not have to answer in Parliament any question based on unverified allegations carried in a news report.
“SRC does not have any information about the issue of the channeling of money to the Finance Minister's account and it is also based on a portal's news report where the news source cannot be verified.
“In line with that, under the Meeting Order 23 (1)(i), this matter does not have to be replied because it is a question that asks for explanation about a matter in newspaper,” the ministry said in a written reply to Parliamentary questions yesterday by opposition lawmakers.
Petaling Jaya Utara MP Tony Pua had asked the ministry to state SRC International's purpose in paying RM170 million between July 8 and August 8, 2014 to Putra Perdana Construction.
The DAP lawmaker also asked why RM27 million of that sum was channelled to the account of the finance minister, a position also held by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
In the same written reply, the ministry told Pua that the RM170 million sum was to pay Putra Perdana Construction to pay for a turnkey development project that was later cancelled and subsequently returned in full to SRC International.
SRC International is a former subsidiary of state-owned firm 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), but is now parked under the MOF.
The MOF also gave PKR MP Wong Chen the same answer on SRC's lack of knowledge of the alleged fund channelling and the lack of obligation to explain the matter.
Wong had asked the ministry to state who had approved the channelling of RM42 million from SRC International to the personal accounts of the Prime Minister without his knowledge.
The Kelana Jaya MP had also asked if the entire RM42 million sum had been returned to SRC International.