Malaysia
Police launch lockdown operation after ten migrants escape Tanah Merah Immigration Depot
Sunday, 23 Aug 2026 2:41 PM MYT
KOTA BHARU, Aug 23 — Ten undocumented migrants escaped from the Tanah Merah Immigration Depot early this morning, police said.
Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said all the migrants were under the custody of the Kelantan Immigration Department and that police would conduct further investigations into the incident.
“It happened at about 3 am today. We will investigate further,” he told a press conference at the Kelantan police contingent headquarters here.
Mohd Yusoff said an alert had been issued to mobilise a lockdown operation in the area around the depot to track down and recapture all the escaped migrants. — Bernama
You May Also Like