KUALA LUMPUR, June 27 — The Ministry of Health (MOH) today announced the end of a Covid-19 cluster at the Putrajaya Temporary Immigration Detention Centre (DTSI).
It said there had been no new cases of infections there after 28 days. "This cluster recorded two Covid-19 cases, and did not record any deaths. Overall, there are 50 clusters which have been declared as having ended, including this one,” MOH said on Twitter this afternoon. It also said that there are also no districts which recorded Covid-19 cases exceeding 41 since June 26.
"The last district to have recorded over 41 cases was Rembau,” MOH added.
MOH had on May 21 announced that it had detected a new cluster of Covid-19 cases involving foreigners at the Bukit Jalil Immigration Detention Depot (DTI), followed by the DTI in Semenyih (May 23) Sepang (May 24) and Putrajaya (May 31).
State news agency, Bernama reported that among the foreigners who had tested positive then, include Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Indonesia, Myanmar, Pakistan, China, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Libya, Egypt, and Syria citizens.
You May Also Like