No documents destroyed at Communications and Multimedia Ministry, says sec-gen

Police officers search vehicles exiting the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission building in Cyberjaya May 16, 2018. — Picture by Azinuddin Ghazali
Police officers search vehicles exiting the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission building in Cyberjaya May 16, 2018. — Picture by Azinuddin Ghazali

PUTRAJAYA, May 16 — No documents are being disposed of at the Communications and Multimedia Ministry’s (KKMM) premises as being viralised in social media, according to KKMM secretary-general Tan Sri Dr Sharifah Zarah Syed Ahmad.

She said Lembah Pantai Member of Parliament Fahmi Fadzil’s allegation that documents at the ministry’s premises had been or were being destroyed, which went viral on Twitter and Facebook, was not true.

“I have contacted Fahmi and explained to him about this matter. He said he will make the necessary correction on his statement,” she told Bernama.

However, as at 4.40pm, Fahmi’s allegation had been retweeted 3,197 times.

Sharifah Zarah stressed that she viewed seriously any non-compliances with rules and regulations committed by any officers of the ministry in connection with the issue.

In fact, she said as soon as she returned from the meeting with Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad last Monday, she had convened a meeting with the ministry’s top management officers.

“One of my stern orders is that all KKMM personnel are strictly forbidden to destroy or bring out any official documents from KKMM premises.

“I will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against any KKMM personnel who violate the rules concerning the matter,” she added. — Bernama

Related Articles

Up Next

Loading...