Johor BN confirms GE14 candidate list finalised

Johor BN chairman Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the matter was decided after a meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, who is also BN chairman, in Sri Perdana yesterday. — Bernama pic
Johor BN chairman Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the matter was decided after a meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, who is also BN chairman, in Sri Perdana yesterday. — Bernama pic

ISKANDAR PUTERI, April 11 — The Johor Barisan Nasional (BN) has concluded its list of candidates who will contest in the 14th general election (GE14).

Johor BN chairman Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the matter was decided after a meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, who is also BN chairman, in Sri Perdana yesterday.

The prime minister will announce the list of candidates soon.

Mohamed Khaled, who is also Johor mentri besar, did not rule out that there would be candidates listed to contest in two constituencies — parliamentary and state seats — which could include new faces.

“The meeting went well, we are ready and have finalised the names and the prime minister will announce the names when the time comes,” he told reporters after the Stage Bus Service Transformation Contract Signing Ceremony between the Land Public Transport Commission and Handal Indah Sdn Bhd here today.

Mohamed Khaled said this when asked to comment on his meeting with the prime minister in Putrajaya yesterday.

With regard to the youth manifesto launched by BN yesterday, he said it was a timely manifesto and had the best offer for young people.

“Our congratulations (to BN) because it is timely and I hope young people will be able to give a good and clear consideration to this manifesto.

“It also shows BN is caring and always cares about young people as compared to the opposition which does not think of the young people,” he added.

Meanwhile, he rubbished opposition claims that money in the Johor Heritage Fund was used by the state government.

According to the mentri besar, the state government had never used the RM300 million fund as it could only be used in emergencies.

The Johor Heritage Fund was set up by Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin who was Johor mentri besar in the 1990s.

“Now, we have more money and we do not use the money (from the fund) because we know it can only be for cultural and water-related use (in emergencies),” he said.

The RM300 million in the Johor Heritage Fund was the compensation from Singapore to the Johor State Government for the construction of the Linggui Dam.

Yesterday, Johor Parti Amanah Negara (Amanah) deputy chairman Dzulkefly Ahmad alleged the fund had been used by the state government for purposes other than emergencies. — Bernama

Related Articles