MB: Terengganu candidate list on WhatsApp fake

Ahmad Razif said the real list of candidates had yet to be finalised. — Bernama pic
Ahmad Razif said the real list of candidates had yet to be finalised. — Bernama pic

KUALA TERENGGANU, April 10 — Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Razif Abd Rahman today denied that the list of Terengganu candidates that was viralled in the WhatsApp application are the candidates contesting in the 14th general election (GE14).

He said this was because the list of candidates had yet to be finalised and was under consideration by Umno president Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

“Of course, the list of candidates had been finalised by the state (Terengganu) Umno Liaison Body but was still being scrutinised (at the federal level), probably (it will be) settled this week.

He also expressed regret over the dissemination of the candidacy list and pointed out that it should not have happened especially in the rather ‘hot’ situation now.

“Such an incident had never happened before, the candidacy list (disseminated much earlier) is exactly like the list finalised by the YAB president.

“So, just wait for the correct list of candidates that will be announced by the (party) president... and the manner has yet to be determined, but I was informed by the YAB president that the candidacy list will be announced earlier,” he said.

Recently, the names of candidates for the 32 State Legislative Assembly seats and eight Parliamentary seats in Terengganu were disseminated and this had worsened the quiz over the actual list before the ceremony to announce the candidates soon.

Earlier, when speaking at the 211 Police Day appreciation ceremony, Ahmad Razif said four top party leaders involved in the selection of candidates in Terengganu were the Umno president, deputy president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, vice-president Dauk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein and secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Mansor. — Bernama

Related Articles