SEPANG, Feb 8 — The Mitsui Outlet Park (MOP) KLIA in Sepang is expected to generate a sales revenue of ¥17 billion (RM610 million) after the premium outlet is fully developed by 2021, said MFMA Development Sdn Bhd Director Tatsuro Irino.
MFMA Development, a joint venture between Mitsui Fudosan and Malaysia Airport Holdings Bhd, is the developer and manager of the MOP.
Irino also said that the MOP is expected to attract eight million visitors, both locally and internationally in 2025.
Since the opening of the first phase of MOP in 2015, the premium outlet mall has drawn four million visitors.
Of them, 80 per cent were locals and the remaining 20 per cent were international tourists, he told reporters after the launch of the MOP Phase 2 here today by Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
The MOP Phase 2 will have 70 new stores and another 420 parking lots.
Irino said the construction of the third phase of the MOP KLIA would begin in 2020, and was scheduled for completion in one year’s time.
The MOP KLIA is targeted to have a total of 250 stores and 2,520 parking lots for visitors, he said, adding that the total investment of the three phases of the MOP was 10 billion yen (RM357 million). — Bernama