LOS ANGELES, Nov 10 — Corey Haim’s mother, Judy Haim, has denied that Charlie Sheen raped her son when he was 13 years old on a movie set over 30 years ago.
However, during the interview on The Dr Oz Show that will air today in the US, she names a difference man who allegedly abused her late son, but the name was censored in the preview clip.
In the sneak peek, Haim can be seen telling Dr Oz that her late son was an open book with her, and that she would have known about any instances of sexual assault.
“I would have known if anything was wrong,” Haim says. “My kid had nothing. He was, like, transparent. He never hid anything. He was Corey. It’s out of character, that’s No. 1. When my son was 13, he wasn’t going to ask Charlie Sheen to go and sleep with him.”
She then goes on to name the individual who she claims abused her son, though it is unclear if the name will be revealed when the interview is aired in full today.
In a report published on Wednesday, Corey’s longtime friend Dominick Brascia claimed that Sheen had sodomised Corey on the set of the 1986 film Lucas.
Sheen’s rep later said the actor “categorically denies these allegations.”
Haim’s name has been in the news recently after his mother pushed back on stories from Corey Feldman about the late actor being abused by a Hollywood paedophile ring, which Feldman claims he also fell victim to.
The duo who were known as The Two Coreys to fans worked on several movies together in the 80s, such as teen vampire flick The Lost Boys.
Haim who spent most of his adult life battling an addiction to drugs died of pneumonia at the age of 38 in 2010.
Los Angeles police on Wednesday confirmed that an investigation had been opened into Feldman’s accusations.