Fax machine causes fire at Mid Valley mall

A malfunctioning facsimile machine caused a small fire at a store in the Mid Valley Megamall. — Picture courtesy of Google Maps
A malfunctioning facsimile machine caused a small fire at a store in the Mid Valley Megamall. — Picture courtesy of Google Maps

KUALA LUMPUR, May 30 — A malfunctioning facsimile machine caused a small fire at a store in the Mid Valley Megamall here tonight.

The fire caused smoke to billow out into the shopping mall and triggered the fire alarm.

According to the New Straits Times, city Fire and Rescue Department personnel arrived at the scene within minutes and extinguished the fire.

“The department was alerted when we received a distress call from the public after the fire alarm at the shopping mall was sounded,” Khirudin Drahman, the department’s director, was quoted as saying.

“Checks by the Fire and Rescue Department showed that the fire started in a room in the 3rd floor and was immediately brought under control.”

No casualties were reported although an ambulance was also deployed to the location.

Related Articles