Two more pistols found in lake after house shooting

Investigators detail their discovery from the lake in an evidence log. — Picture by Azinuddin Ghazali
Investigators detail their discovery from the lake in an evidence log. — Picture by Azinuddin Ghazali

PUTRAJAYA, March 21 — Police have recovered two more pistols after they rejected the possibility of Russian roulette being involved in the murder of a 39-year-old man in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn two weeks ago.

So what actually happened?

Selangor Criminal Investigations Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Fadzil Ahmat said police would not reveal what had transpired until investigations were completed.

“No such things. I deny the claims of those who had previously said Russian roulette was involved,” he said.

The two loaded pistols along with several bullets wrapped in plastic bags were retrieved from the bottom of the Putrajaya Wetlands Park lake.

The discovery was made in a canal under a bridge by eight divers from the Forensics Department.

The operation began at 2.30pm and the items were found about two hours later.

Things took a further twist when a dishevelled suspect dressed in purple lock-up attire emerged from one of the patrol cars parked nearby at about 5.20pm.

The suspect was led by a policeman to the evidence pile where he identified the pistols and bullets before being escorted back to the vehicle.

Fadzil said the suspect in question was not the mastermind.

“The suspect told us he was instructed to dispose the weapons in the lake,” he said.

The police and the suspect left the scene at 5.35pm.

On March 10, a man was found dead with a gunshot wound to his forehead on the third floor of a heavily renovated terraced house in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn.

Investigations revealed the 13 people who were arrested in connection with the death, including two women, were members of a secret society.

The prime suspect claimed he heard a gunshot coming from upstairs before discovering the victim with a pistol in one hand.

The victim apparently went to the house at about midnight for a discussion.

The suspects, including the wife and maid of the prime suspect, were arrested on the same day.

People in the area had expressed fear when asked about the occupants of the house, describing the owner as a gangster, and not a sociable person.

Related Articles

Up Next