JOHOR BARU, Feb 11 — Activist Siti Kasim confirmed today that she will not be prosecuted for showing her middle finger to a forum three years ago as the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) has decided to drop the case.
She said police today handed her case a No Further Action (NFA) notice, where the AGC will not pursue the matter.
“I am happy and grateful that the Subang Jaya police and their investigating officer reviewed my case and returned it with a NFA verdict.
“This shows that common sense will prevail and the police, especially the Subang Jaya police, have good officers that understand the circumstances,” said Siti when contacted by Malay Mail today.
In a Facebook post earlier today, Siti said an inspector from Subang Jaya had referred her case to the AGC, where they decided to NFA her case.
The outspoken lawyer also confirmed that due to the NFA notice, the case has been dropped and she will not be charged in court at all.
Siti had earlier claimed that she would be charged tomorrow under Section 509 of the Penal Code with outraging the modesty of a person.
However, she maintained that she was innocent and the gesture was not directed to anyone in particular.
“I showed my middle finger out of frustration in trying to get my critics to stop heckling me at that time,” said Siti, relating to the incident in 2016.
Back then, Siti was heckled by participants of a forum on PAS’ plan to introduce heavier penalties for Muslim offenders.
A police report was lodged against her after she showed them the middle finger. She was later investigated by the police as well.
On last Friday, Siti had claimed on her Facebook account that a senior police officer was out to get her and wants her charged over the infamous middle-finger incident.
She also called on the inspector-general of police (IGP) to look into the conduct of the said senior officer, claiming to have been told negative things by many about the said officer.