MELAKA, May 16 — Melaka Chief Minister Adly Zahari announced the portfolio that he will be holding and those of the 10 other members of the state executive council line-up at his office Seri Negeri here today.
The Pakatan Harapan Melaka chairman said that the line-up of new and experienced assemblymen put the state government in good state to deliver the goods.
“We will operate on the consensus basis and work as a team for the betterment of the people of Melaka,” he told a press conference called to announce the line-up.
He also said that PH assemblymen not included in the line-up also had a role to play in the Melcat (Melaka, Competency, Accountability, and Transparency) agenda and that their role was equally important.
Meanwhile, he said the first meeting of the council today among others discussed PH’s slogan for Melaka ‘Melaka Berwibawa’, reviving education loans for students to pursue studies in the Middle East, approved appointment of officers in the Chief Minister’s Department and the “Hari Bersama Rakyat” (Day with the People) initiative that will be conducted each Friday.
The Hari Bersama Rakyat will be held at the Chief Minister’s Office and offices of various state government agencies. It will give a chance to the people to voice out their problems with the time scheduled from 9am-12.15pm and 3pm-5pm.
PH which won the general election on May 10 also overthrew the Barisan Nasional government in Melaka. PH Melaka obtained a simple majority after winning 15 out of the 28 seats in the state assembly.
Adly who won the Bukit Katil seat was sworn in as the new mentri besar of Melaka on Friday while the 10 the state executive councillors this morning.
Melaka state executive council line-up:
1. Adly Zahari: Finance, Land, Economic Planning and Religious Affairs
2. Mohd Rafiq Naizamohideen: Industry, Trade and Investment
3. Tey Kok Kiew: Housing, Local Government and Environment
4. Muhammad Jailani Khamis: Tourism, Heritage and Culture
5. Mohd Sofi Abdul Wahab: Works, Transport and Public Amenities
6. G. Saminathan: Unity, Human Resource, NGOs and Consumer Affairs
7. Norhizam Hassan Baktee: Agriculture, Entrepreneur Development and Agro-based Industry
8. Ginie Lim Siew Lin: Women, Family Development and Social Welfare
9. Noor Effandi Ahmad: Education, Science and Technology, Green Technology and Innovation
10. Low Chee Leong: Health
11. Kerk Chee Yee: Communication Multimedia, Youth Development and Sports — Bernama