NEW YORK, Oct 18 — Travellers around the world have weighed in on their favourite airports around the world and given top marks to a trio of hubs in Asia.
In the 2016 edition of the Airports Survey carried out by Sleeping in Airports, Singapore Changi Airport, Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea and Haneda International Airport in Tokyo took the top three spots for being efficient, clean, fun and friendly.
“What ultimately unites these terminals together is that coming to them is the opposite of a chore,” editors write.
“Rather, passengers are often found wishing their layover could continue for just a little longer so that they can check out the IMAX theatre, the aquarium, the indoor jungle, the multi-storey slide, the spa, or something that they haven’t even thought of yet.”
The results are predictable, as Singapore’s Changi International airport is widely recognized for having raised the bar in airport experiences with butterfly and orchid gardens, cinema experiences, street food halls and free foot massages.
For the survey, travellers were asked to rank their experiences based on factors such as comfort, services, food options, immigration and security, customer service and cleanliness.
Of note, the only airport in North America to crack the top 10 list is the Vancouver International Airport in Canada.
Here are the top 10 airports in the Sleeping in Airports survey:
1. Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore
2. Incheon International Airport, Seoul, South Korea
3. Haneda International Airport, Tokyo, Japan
4. Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei, Taiwan
5. Munich International Airport, Germany
6. Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan
7. Vancouver International Airport, Vancouver, Canada
8. Helsinki Airport, Finland
9. Tallinn Airport, Estonia
10. Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland — AFP-Relaxnews